SEEKERS CATALOGUE----A TRIBUTE

Seeker Lures
ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SEEKERS CATALOGUE----A TRIBUTE

Post by ocd1688 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Thank you very much fellows for the comments. Much appreciated. bowsmilie bowsmilie bowsmilie
I tried, in these threads, to present a study of one man and his lures.
It is not "look at me , look at what I got". I do hope that it may become a reference source one day.
It has taken a while to do it but I feel better for doing it. So thank you all for putting up with my ranting.

It is a pity that there were not more photos of the Mulwala Classic events.
Fizza won it one year ?1993. He is not here to tell the story but he got some Seekers off Ken, including "THE FROG".
But Rob and Ian, may be others were there. The "potato peeler" story is a classic. I don't know if Rob would care to repeat it here.
I feel more similar stories will be great.
They will bring a real personal touch to this thread yay yay yay

Albert

noluresyet
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by noluresyet » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:34 pm

A very good read !!!
Albert you have done a great job,
it must have taken a lot of time and commitment to get the tribute to your standard.
Well done !!!!

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Thank you Brett. Again, I consider that high praise coming from you bowsmilie bowsmilie bowsmilie

Albert

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Very impressive Albert, a great tribute and a great read. clapclap clapclap clapclap Mike(Brolly)

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Thank you very much Brolly bowsmilie bowsmilie bowsmilie

Albert

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:00 am

a pic from the local newspaper
IMG_2763.JPG
Albert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimmymate » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:54 pm

For quite a few years now i have had an interest in Australian timber lures and Im a little embarressed to admit that I have never given the time to research or learn about Seeker lures.

This post from Albert is a testament to a passionate collector and I thank you Albert for taking the time to pen this thread. clapclap

What an absolute cracker!!! This is why this site needs to stay online. You cannot put a value on this sort of information that is freely available to members.

Great read Albert. Thank you. clapclap

Cheers Jimmy

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Thank you Jimmy for bringing this thread to the surface again.... I have thouroughly enjoyed reading it all again.

Thank you also again to Albert for doing it .... I love it mate , Ken would be humbled , but very appreciative of your BIO on him and his lures.

I did know Ken , if fact met him at the 94 Cod-Classic at Mulwala. After his demise , I did pass on my condolences to his Dear Phyllis , albeit by phone .

This is by no means poet licence or power of the pen....... but after introducing Ken to Rod Harrison in our cabin at the 1994 Mulwala Classic ( Ken very nervous to meet one of his idols ).... Ken thanked me very much and a friendship had spawned . After returning to the cabin and talking to Harro about Ken and how he was in awe of being able to meet the legend "Harro " , Rod,s reply was typical of the man himself......... "Robie.... the pleasure was all mine ".

You see Harro loved a bushy , and more than that , he loved a knock-about , and country honesty. We all found that in Mr: Ken Hendry.... He has been sorely missed by Family , Friends , and users of his fabulous lures.

I hope he has caught plenty of big Cod in the big lake above.... RIP old friend.

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:49 pm

Hi Jimmy and Rob

It did take a lot of time to compose these threads on Ken and his lures.
But it was enjoyable at the same time. So it is all good.

The Seeker hound has more to offer on the very early lures.
He just need to pull his fingers out.

And Jim, Oldfish, you have been invited many times to add your fantastic collection to the threads.
So I hope you will do that one day. thumbsupsmilie

Albert

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Albert,

Haven't been able to take photos for 6 months or so but will certainly add my lot (small compared to you and Vince)

one day so that they all appear on the one site.

Cheers, Jim

Return to “Seeker Lures”