Seeker Lures
ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

SEEKERS CATALOGUE--AN ATTEMPT

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:38 pm

THE KEN HENDRY SEEKERS

INTRODUCTION

This is intended as a guide to, in my humble opinion, one of Australia’s iconic lures. Please note that the knowledge base is limited and incomplete.It may eventually become a reference source when more information are added from other contributors .

It is not intended as a self gratifying exercise and I apologise for any mistakes as I feel foolish enough for even comtemplating doing this.

Lots of ideas have come and gone in my head re how to go about cataloguing these lures.

Because they are all hand carved and painted there are so many variations in shape , sizes, colour patterns, their eyes, presence or absence of signatures or stamps , metal or polycarbonate bibs, each one is different to the next in some details.

Nor is a time line a sensible way to do this because it is just impossible to know when certain lure was made.

In the end it become clear that if I were to organise them in such a way that they belong to certain stages of development , the task become much more manageable.
So I will start:

IN THE BEGINNING

Ken was a fishman who made lures to fish with. The following are some lures that he made in the beginning. They come in again in different sizes and shapes.
Most of these have been posted elsewhere.

The round bibs.
IMG_2353.JPG
The dolls eye lure is a very nice lookng lure and more detailed pics wil be posted later as I think it is a special lure.
The famous "dreaded frog"is a magnificient Seeker. It is a short bibbed frog!!! . Hopefully some detailed pics can be made available some day soon.

The SPECIAL.
IMG_2196.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2198.JPG
This very interesting lure is on loan from a member here. Thank you very much Matt. It has sticked on eyes, a dished metal bib and an internal rattle!!!

There are a few more coming and I shall post them next.

I hope this will create some interest and help to uncover some of the early Ken's Seekers.
Please feel free to add your lures and comments. Any constructive suggestions to improve my feeble attempt at this are welcome. bowsmilie bowsmilie bowsmilie

Albert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SEEKERS CATALOGUE--AN ATTEMPT

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:27 pm

This is the most interesting lure in the collection. Here are more pics
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG

The Mudbugs
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG
IMG_0423.JPG
More to come
Hope you like.

Albert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 am

Thank you Dave.
They are special, to me anyway.
Took me hours to type that!!!
Will try to finish this section later today.
And I think it's time to push out a few zzzzzzzz's.

Albert

Flicker
Expert
Expert
Mood:

Post by Flicker » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:27 am

Albert, I can see this becoming very special. and certainly you are the man with some great help behind you. clapclap

looking forward to the rest of this catalogue with interest thumbsupsmilie

cheers
Adam
Cheers
Adam (Sniper Lures)

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 am

G'day DOC... this is awesome, I will definately be keeping a watch on this thread. It is the first time I have seen Ken's "Mud-bug" lures. They are all special , but I particularly like those Mud-bugs. You will do Ken proud with your catalog and what a great tribute to a great man. clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap
RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:00 am

205_FROG.jpg

Thank you Mully.
She was going to be a 50th birthday present to the Seeker hound.
He, I don't think has received it, yet. lol lol lol
So over to you Vince for further commentary.

Thank you very much for the support guys.
Have to get ready for work.

Albert

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:08 am

An excellent start Albert.I will be watching this closely.

I don't know much about Kens lures but if I can help you in anyway, I will.

Thanks for starting this thread bowsmilie clapclap thumbsupsmilie

Cheers'
Baz
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:17 am

Albert, your intellect & humility never cease to amaze me. This has always shown in your posts, this one is no exception clapclap clapclap

I know how genuine you were when told me you didn`t want this thread to be about you in any way, so that`s all I`ll say. thumbsupsmilie

The Dreaded Frog story. lol

I have some special things in my life, a few of them are lures. Problem is, the Dreaded Frog has won my heart & I consider her to be the best Frog on the Planet & all I ask is a little bit of time with her lol

A bloke who is terrible hard to like & even more ugly (although I do love him & he`s a great mate), has custody of this Frog at the moment. He received it from Ken himself & promised some years ago that on my 60th Birthday ( not 50th, although I`m glad Albert only thinks I`m 50), that he would drive the 900kms to my house & personally deliver her as a gift. I have not been allowed to see her in the flesh, but have had to wait till then. -duh

As my mate is flat out at the moment with his life, this may not happen, but, one day I will get to spend some quiet time alone with the Magic Frog, that`s all I need. swttt lol, you never know, if you kiss enough Frogs, don`t they say thumbsupsmilie
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:29 am

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Albert

froggy06
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by froggy06 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Good luck with this Albert , this will be an inspiring tale of a great lure and cant wait to see what is next . I hope that other members get behind you and hopefully fill in some blanks that you might come across along the journey. This is a part of lure making history that needs to be told. It would also be great if anyone could add some old photos of Ken and the shop / workshop where these lures were made and sold ( maybee / hopefully there is a family member that can also help ) Good on you mate and good luck clapclap clapclap clapclap May the force be with you bowsmilie bowsmilie bowsmilie GO THE SEEKERS

Return to “Seeker Lures”