History in the making.

Downunder / Predatek
colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

History in the making.

Post by colsel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:16 am

Recently a good friend passed this piece of Australian lure making history into my keeping and I was trilled to add it to my collection. It's a bit of 7/8" PNG Rosewood that was used in the production of some of the original Boomerangs. You can clearly see the blanks marked out on it in pencil ready for cutting.
boomerang.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Re: History in the making.

Post by DalbyKayakin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:27 am

Awesome! Keep it away from the white-ants but

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: History in the making.

Post by colsel » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:17 am

In past weeks I've had the good fortune to checkout a few more historical Downunder treasures. A lot of the items that I was privileged to see were "samples" that were collected directly from the Downunder workshops back in the day.

Among other things there were examples of all the different "Boomerang" models, sizes and materials used. Timber models of the first urethane lures produced, unpainted urethane models showing all the internal structure, and you should have seen what was still in the current tackle boxes.

I know that there are a lot of Downunder devotees out there so these couple of photos will give you a glimpse of a few of what I was lucky enough to see.

Enjoy,
Col
Downunder 1.jpg
Downunder 2.jpg
B1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Downunder / Predatek”