Post by bass_n_b.o.b » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:49 pm

SSHHOOOOOOSS >> WAZZA.. -jawdrop -jawdrop -wowoh

Schultzy
Expert
Expert

Re: Timber Downunders

Post by Schultzy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:19 pm

Wazza,

The very first handful of Downunder Boomerangs didn't have the stamp on the bib. That was before they went to the scalloped belly on the lures though, more rounded with a slimmer nose and tail.

The tow point isn't one they used and seems to indicate a copy made by someone else or one doctored after market.

Schultzy.
If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Image Image ImageImage

Vince

Post by Vince » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Warren.. This is one of Wayne Lennon`s
IMG_1850.JPG
IMG_1851.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi Guys,
I won't pretend to be an expert on early downunders (premoulded) but a couple of features stand out.
There is a difference in the profile and scolloping, but that may be a progressive change in design.
The Tow bridle is like a Luxon only unbranded either of which is not common in Aussie builders.
The 3 holes in the bib are NOT in line and the 2 for the tow bridle are damn close together, potential weakpoint a "true" manufacturer would steeer away from.

I am guessing it is a copy or a very early prototype.

Best advice, as suggested previously, bang an email and pic away to the guys at predatek

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

barrablaster
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by barrablaster » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi Guy,s These first couple of wooden boomerangs are the Third type of timber. The very first was completly round underneath then they went to a sligthly squarer underneath, then the next with the scolloped sides. The very first were called [ Siren Boomarngs ] They also made some of these three types in a much bigger size nearly twice as big they were called Magum Boomerangs.Thanks Allan A&B Lures.

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:53 pm

I found out a bit of history on this lure.
Jamie Flett believes it is one that himself and Frank Gaukroger made, Apparentely Frank wanted to have a look at Jamies new copying lathe and in trying it out they cut out 5 or 6 Boomerang blanks and Frank took them away and painted them.Jamie was amazed that one turned up after all these years.
warren

codonchuck
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by codonchuck » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:05 am

I am pretty sure this lure is one of Wayne Lennons copy of the early bomerangs as he used that pull point with lead in the bib,similar to custom crafted the hooks may not be the oringinal ones

Return to “Downunder / Predatek”