old mudeyes

Post by caseys » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:57 am

has eney one got eney of the older style mudeyes i would like to see some

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: old mudeyes

Post by vince. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:23 pm

caseys wrote:has eney one got eney of the older style mudeyes i would like to see some
It looks like you have been waiting a while mate, lol but this one is as old as they get. Jamies first mudeye. thumbsupsmilie
First mudeyes 001.JPG
First mudeyes 002.JPG
First mudeyes 003.JPG
First mudeyes 004.JPG
First mudeyes 005.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards.....Vince.

Flicker
Expert
Expert
Mood:

Post by Flicker » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:22 pm

nice Dad clapclap that is a great lure for Jamie's first thumbsupsmilie but then he did have a good teacher bowsmilie
Cheers
Adam (Sniper Lures)

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:52 pm

Amazing old Mudeye Vince .... many thanks for showing us a piece of Jamie's history thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:31 am

Lure-Nut wrote:Amazing old Mudeye Vince .... many thanks for showing us a piece of Jamie's history thumbsupsmilie
The history is a great part of it all I reckon Rob.

I know this is not what Caseys asked for, but Jamie said this is his first Surface lure. Thought he might like to see it as well thumbsupsmilie
First mudeyes 006.JPG
First mudeyes 007.JPG
First mudeyes 008.JPG
First mudeyes 009.JPG
First mudeyes 010.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:56 am

Very nice Vince thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Love the shape of the Mudeye, it wouldn't of been easy to carve and you can see the influence of the Jitterbug in the surface lure.Not a bad lure to imitate, probably the most successful surface lure ever made.

Cheers'
Baz
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:32 am

Being a bit of a collector of Fletty's lures i can really appreciate these old beauties.Thanks for showing them. clapclap Mike(Brolly)

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:55 am

bullrout22 wrote:I also like Jamie's lures they are fantastic

Dave, Top lures, top bloke clapclap .

Jamie has been quietly & successfully making lures for longer than most. I reckon if we all chipped in with some pics in a special thread, we could put together a good showing of his work. I`m sure Mike could add a lot of valuable help in this, if he has time, because it does take a bit of that thumbsupsmilie & spare time is not always available.
Regards.....Vince.

caseys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by caseys » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi Vince thanks for posting and showing us all these lures. Since this post I have got 2 old mudeyes and they have been confirmed to have been made in about 1988 making them 5 years older than me. I will try and get some photos up soon. Jamie is a magnificent lure maker one of the true best in Australia and the world and a top bloke I have none(I have no idea how to spell that if this is incorrect) him for a about 5 years now I did a week’s work experience with him in year 10. It was funny I did a week with Jamie and didn’t go fishing and than a week with a long time family friend doing panel beating and one day we did go fishing. Again thanks and I agree on the special thread to show off his work.

Thanks Casey’s

Return to “Mudeye Lures”