Copies Of a PNewell Kadaitcha

Newell Lures
aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Re: Copies Of a PNewell Kadaitcha

Post by aussbasstony » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi Dave,

No need for me to email these mate i will just put them up.

I will put up two lures I was not sure about.
Would love to hear from persons whom know more about Peter Newell kadaitcha’s then I do.
I only have a couple of his larger kadaitcha’s and only go on by what I see and read on the forums.
Below is picture from three angles and from my perspective are not made by the same maker.
Anyone else think so ?

Cheers Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Yes Dave it would be good to hear what other people with more knowledge than I think.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:34 pm

No expert on Newell's here, but the whole copy thing is disappointing - fortunately there are some extremely well versed Collectors who can pick a fake Newell at a mile and even go to forensic levels to get to the truth.

I would hope that the outcomes and efforts of these 'forensic collectors' will ultimately become public, to protect the value of classic Aussie timber collectibles going forward thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:27 pm

I am no expert but i am a Newell addict so will offer my opinion,
The top lure I will call a copy for the following reasons.
Paint: not up to Peters standards,Stripes are not uniform and look like they were painted with a paint brush.
The red underneith is not blended with the yellow.
The red pupils of the eyes are off centre and not large enough
Tow point: Although soldered the right way up the front loop looks to be the same size as the rear, Every example i have ever seen in Kads under 7" body length the front loop is smaller than the rear.
Bib: Holes for tow point should be large hole in front small hole in rear.
Bib is cut at wrong angle.too straight sided.
The bottom lure I can't see anything wrong with it.
Always love to handle a lure to be sure.
warren

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Wazza,

thanks for your input and I made my assumptions on most if not all of the dot points you have raised.
I am no expert and just listen to people whom i consider have more knowledge of Pete's lures than I and collect them.

we will just put it down to the unknowns and the fence sitting people whom know more !

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Not sure if fence sitting can be blamed for a lack of interest in this thread. ???
Wazza, pretty well everything you pointed out is spot on. thumbsupsmilie One point of value however, that might come out of this thread, is that the lure that is not in question, was also called a copy by an expert at the recent lure expo.
Regards.....Vince.

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:52 pm

vince. wrote:Not sure if fence sitting can be blamed for a lack of interest in this thread. ???
Wazza, pretty well everything you pointed out is spot on. thumbsupsmilie One point of value however, that might come out of this thread, is that the lure that is not in question, was also called a copy by an expert at the recent lure expo.
Lack of intertest.......Well maybe the thread would not of been bought up at all if someone didn't point this out in another topic and make assumptions of others opinions or as some call them Experts !! lol
Basically if it is not a Newell people should be made aware of it !

The other lure which is maybe 100 percent Newell and was called a coppy i have no idea, even a new comer could do research and find it is real. One thing about the internet is the electronic foot print left by others !! thumbsupsmilie

Thanks for your input Vince and regards thumbsupsmilie

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:03 pm

bullrout22 wrote:
Not sure if fence sitting can be blamed for a lack of interest in this thread.

i think this one will be very slow to get a few replies going on how we pick copies I for one will be reading every reply hoping to learn more about this thumbsupsmilie
Pictures say a thousand words Dave lol that's why i put the photo's up like I did.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:21 pm

aussbasstony wrote:Well maybe the thread would not of been bought up at all if someone didn't point this out in another topic and make assumptions of others opinions or as some call them Experts !!
lol lol I see you still haven`t read the post you refer to -duh
I thought from the start this was about appeasing a bruised ego. It`s good you have made that clear.
I was hoping it was otherwise as I can`t see the point or value in this.
Regards.....Vince.

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 pm

vince. wrote:
aussbasstony wrote:Well maybe the thread would not of been bought up at all if someone didn't point this out in another topic and make assumptions of others opinions or as some call them Experts !!
lol lol I see you still haven`t read the post you refer to -duh
I thought from the start this was about appeasing a bruised ego. It`s good you have made that clear.
I was hoping it was otherwise as I can`t see the point or value in this.

No Bruised ego's here Vince but I appreciate your concern thumbsupsmilie

It is about nothing else besides the fact of a copy made of Peter Newell Kad and bringing it to the attention of others.

And yes I can see the point of value about educating collectors also, again thanks thumbsupsmilie

Regards Tony

Return to “Newell Lures”