cod on Kadaicha

Newell Lures
caseys
Rookie
Rookie

cod on Kadaicha

Post by caseys » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi all I have just found these videos on YouTube of Rod Harrison catching a Murray cod on a Kadaicha lure hop everyone enjoys. Thanks Casey’s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv_1njZp1DQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjcEWiCr ... el&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHO1OLIa ... el&list=UL

diemai
Master
Master

Re: cod on Kadaicha

Post by diemai » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:02 pm

@ caseys

Thanks for posting , mate , ........good impressions of Aussie fishing to me thumbsupsmilie .

He's been lucky to have tired that fish before hooks started to loose good grip , ........he even could not grap that fish's mouth , as the lure was in the way at first , ..........or do murray cod have nasty teeth ?

..........a decent landing net belongs into every boat , I'd say !

Also liked that third video displaying the Kadaitcha , added it to my YouTube favs list , ...... must be a great lure !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

caseys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by caseys » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:10 pm

@diemai

Yes he is lucky to have tired the fish before the hooks started to pull. I’m not shaw the best way to describe Murray cod teeth but they have thousands of small sharp teeth that can really peel skin of if they bit down on your hand or thumb and kick we call it cod thumb. I’m not shaw when the video was reordered but I think it would have been a fare while ago probably in the 90s now days we use lip grips In my opinion they are worth there weight in gold for handling fish. I have never had the pleaser of using a kadaicha or even seeing one except in photos and videos they come from Peter Newell and most people in Australia who make lures started making lures and flow his style. Other people will be able to give more info on the lure and how it works.

Thanks Casey’s

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:32 pm

@ caseys

I can figure out about such kinda fish teeth that you've described , .....local eel and silure(catfish) over here have such as well , ....just like 40 grit sandpaper !

Nobody would land an eel by grabbing inside of it's mouth , as it's just too small and eel never ever hold still , ......but the bigger ones can snap your line , when they'd have swallowed the bait(no lures) too deep , they're acting like a wild mustang on the line and just rasp through it with their sandpaper teeth .

People have laughed at me , but since having learned this the hard way , I'm using 1 X 7 steelwire leaders , when hitting waters where I can expect big eel .

I've never caught a silure , 'cause they used to be abundant here in the north of Germany , but due to the big "Elbe" river is not poluted anymore since the breakdown of Communism in the late 1980's , they have slowly returned and it's only a question of a time , until frequent catches of big ones would occur , smaller ones are already caught frequently when fishing for eel or zander(European walleye) , ......if a big one should take the bait by accident , it could usually not be landed on the lighter tackle , these monsters can exceed lengths of two metres and weights of 100 pounds .

To land these big fish one can grab them by their lower front jaw wrapping around the thumb either from the inside or outside , but never reach deep into the mouth , ....could get bloody then , ........or just slide over a leather glove before .

Some brave guys also hand-land pike by grabbing them by the gillplate , .........but just a tad too deep and blood would spill , .......I really prefer a net lol !

That video provides some input to me as well to make sucha lure , .......have tried it before by a picture in Frank Prokop's book , ...but now in the video I see , that the Kadaitcha is somewhat flatter bodied compared to my own versions , ...nevertheless mine do swim and especially cast very well , go down to estimated about 4,0 metres .

Have used them quite a bit so far in the fishing club's ponds , but never caught on them in there, ...nevertheless I'm pretty much expecting catches on these lures in a certain swim during my oncoming holiday thru October , especially of big perch(redfin) , as I made them only in about 9 cms length without bib .

Since I've joined into LureAndMore , I've become a great fan of Aussie style lures , I love them for their deep diving abilities .

Cheers , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “Newell Lures”