What is this timber lure? Scorpion?

Newell Lures
DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

What is this timber lure? Scorpion?

Post by DalbyKayakin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Is this a Scorpion? I dont know where i got it from or how long ago i got it but im guessing it's a scorpion. Its timber with a metal bib and the tow point is in the body, its about 95mm long (including the bib). Who made this is what im wondering as i've recently learnt that scorpions have a history and have been made by a few people over the years. Is it a M1 Newell Scorpion?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DalbyKayakin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Re: What is this timber lure? Scorpion?

Post by DalbyKayakin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Come to think of it my Uncle Darren Nickolls from Darrens Barra Safaris in Darwin might have gave it to me years ago
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:07 pm

DalbyKayakin wrote:Is this a Scorpion? I dont know where i got it from or how long ago i got it but im guessing it's a scorpion. Its timber with a metal bib and the tow point is in the body, its about 95mm long (including the bib). Who made this is what im wondering as i've recently learnt that scorpions have a history and have been made by a few people over the years. Is it a M1 Newell Scorpion?
G'day Dalby Kayakin,what you have there is a Peter Newell made M2 Scorpion,probably made around the year of 2000. Mike(brolly)

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DalbyKayakin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Cool, i would've guessed it was older. nevertheless it won't be getting flicked at any snags. I'll stick to me wide wobbling lures and keep this one on the shelf

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DalbyKayakin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:24 pm

I have decided to trade this lure with anyone who has dolls eye boomers or dambusters or timber vipers for trade

Return to “Newell Lures”