Deep diving Scorpions

Newell Lures
aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Re: Deep diving Scorpions

Post by aussbasstony » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:29 pm

I have a RMG ( urethane ) Scorpion in that very same colour pattern , just a couple more Black dots to the Newell.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:43 am

Lure-Nut wrote:Hi Brolly .... your ability to find new Newells is awesome - great looking lures, well done clapclap thumbsupsmilie
Hang on, I was assuming they were Newells - I'm gathering from the above comments, that they are not or am I totally confused ???

I'll just go back to something I know .... Deceptions -duh
Cheers Rob

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:29 am

aussbasstony wrote:I have a RMG ( urethane ) Scorpion in that very same colour pattern , just a couple more Black dots to the Newell.
Tony...good spotting..no pun intended. The colour was christened " Spotted-dog " by the N.T. blokes back in the very early 90's when i first painted it.

***See ...topics in RMG section..." two were made- only one remains ".. you will see a 150mm sample in the folder. Post date 2/7/2009
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:42 am

Whilst deffiantly Newells and signed by Kathy it has been confirmed that the bib used in the larger one has been supplied by Don Lawson and there is more than a possibility that this Scorpion may have been painted by Don Lawson.I do have, and have seen other Newells with this same alloy bib which was used in the deep "River Kings" I also believe there is more than a possibility of the bib that was used in the smaller green coloured Scorpion was in fact a John Bennett provided bib that was in use at the time in his deep wide body Merlins.I know i have read and i think Rellik Doc Rob has mentioned that on occasions lure componentry was shared or exchanged by some makers from that era and or area. Brolly.

Return to “Newell Lures”