The Newelly you have when you thought you didn't

Newell Lures
aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Re: The Newelly you have when you thought you didn't

Post by aussbasstony » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:18 pm

wazza wrote:It is peters version of the early smooth boomerang,Peter never named them or signed them because he didn't design them.
I think from memory Peter said there were only 3 sets made.
Warra,

thanks for posting your pic mate , yours are awesome trouble is now I want more of them -duh Wazza have you ever seen a Chizeled underbelly Newelly one ?

Cheers Tony

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:21 pm

oldfish wrote:Wazza,

What the heck!!!!!

Can you do a close-up of that "Bottlebrush" lure please?????

Cheers,Jim
What the . . . . I'm with Jim. Looks like a spiky turd with a bib lol

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Nice looking lure, Tony. And agreat bunch of lures from Wazza.

Wazza will know better than me, but I'm sure Pete told me that he had a bit to do with the Boomerang design. I know he had quite a few Boomerang lexan bibs, because he gave me some of them. In my early days in Tenterfield, long before I sold lures, I carved 2 "Boomerangs" for my own use. Still got those lures. One has never been used and the other looks like it has spent a bit of time in the tacklebox. I carved one lure with a "V" shaped underside and the other has a rounded body.

Not sure if this info is relevant to the post, but did consider the lexan bib info as relevant.

Cheers

Travers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Powelly wrote:Nice looking lure, Tony. And agreat bunch of lures from Wazza.

Wazza will know better than me, but I'm sure Pete told me that he had a bit to do with the Boomerang design. I know he had quite a few Boomerang lexan bibs, because he gave me some of them. In my early days in Tenterfield, long before I sold lures, I carved 2 "Boomerangs" for my own use. Still got those lures. One has never been used and the other looks like it has spent a bit of time in the tacklebox. I carved one lure with a "V" shaped underside and the other has a rounded body.

Not sure if this info is relevant to the post, but did consider the lexan bib info as relevant.

Cheers

Travers
Was told a bit of info today from a friend who also knew Peter, Peter showed him a picture of a lure made 1912 -18 in the USA which he had shown to Rob Smith and either Kevin Clarke or Frank Gaukroger of Downunder lures which they traced and the smooth Boomerang design evolved from there. Maybe this was the involvement Travis is talking about.

Jim I am in the process of cataloguing all my lures and when i get the Newells out of the cabinet i will show you a close up of the Natural lure made from a bottle brush cone (swims too).
warren

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:30 pm

wazza wrote:It is peters version of the early smooth boomerang,Peter never named them or signed them because he didn't design them.

Wazza,

above you have said there were maybe 3 sets made , would that be meaning a Small and Large one like you photo ?

And would that mean there is a Bigger brother to the one I have in my cabinet ? droolsmilie

Cheers Tony

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Now this post has come back up to the top ,I will post a request in here.

Seems in Tenterfield there was a lot of sharing went on in the early days and this was obviously a good thing for all the Lure makers.

I am a huge fan of the Boomerang lures and specially the timber ones droolsmilie . Since I have gained possession of this Fantastic Newell Boomerang

I have followed some posts on here and now more informed about a few more makers with there variations of this lure, Besides the ones that are obvious can anyone help with the names of other makers whom share this .

1. Down under .....................I know where it is just need to find the street address crazysmilie
2. RMG.............................. I have my helpers looking for this one thumbsupsmilie
3.Travers Powell......................... don't spose you would have any of those Lexen Bibs left Travers droolsmilie
4. ?

Cheers Tony

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:14 pm

aussbasstony wrote:

Wazza,

above you have said there were maybe 3 sets made , would that be meaning a Small and Large one like you photo ?

And would that mean there is a Bigger brother to the one I have in my cabinet ? droolsmilie

Cheers Tony
Yes tony there should be another 2 big ones and a little one out there besides mine which no one is getting. thumbsupsmilie
warren

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:20 pm

wazza wrote:
aussbasstony wrote:

Wazza,

Cheers Tony
Yes tony there should be another 2 big ones and a little one out there besides mine which no one is getting. thumbsupsmilie
warren
Wazza,

thanks mate and thankyou for your picture and Dam crazysmilie I wouldn't be letting go of them either, just glad I stumbled across this one thumbsupsmilie

Cheers Tony

P.S. does anyone know how to put a Wanted post on Google lol

Return to “Newell Lures”