My Newell lot !

Newell Lures
aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

My Newell lot !

Post by aussbasstony » Mon May 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi All,

just a couple of pic's of my Newell collection of fantastic lures. When i first started looking for these they seemed unreachable, -duh but now from my pictures you can see what took me just over 5 months to acumulate to what i consider a sweet little selection of Pete's great work.

Many hours staying up late searching the internet and pouncing when other may have been asleep :-) Oh most of a couple of mates who have moved further north and still stay in touch with me.

I know my small selction is just that from many die hard tackle rats but you have to start somewhere and this will do me just fine, thumbsupsmilie And to top it off with a Large Pristine Kadaitcha has to me completed what i was looking for , Ok I lie I still want more .. lol

One lure here which i have searched through the threads here is the Guppy 2 lure ( green ) I have not seen many with the number 2 on them , any ideas ?

Anyway enjoy Cheers Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simon bruce
Master
Master

Re: My Newell lot !

Post by simon bruce » Mon May 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Nice lot of Newells well done. clapclap

There are some that a few hardened Newell collectors would be envious of in there as well especially top of the second pic.

There are a number of variants of the Guppy, have seen a pic of the Guppy II hereabouts on the forum. Seemed to go from the more angular original guppy to the rounded version like yours which also has iterations of aluminium and poly bibs as well as some size differences.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Mon May 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Have seen a couple of these in the flesh and they look awesome .... Tony showed me the Guppy II and the Lexan Kad a little while back - they are both in stunning condition and very, very collectible thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Mate, keep it up - think you caught the disease big time lol must say .... I do need another Deception spotter out there who'd do anything for a Newell lol lol crazysmilie
Cheers Rob

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Tue May 18, 2010 5:18 am

Tony you've been holding out on me.You closet Newell collector you. lol A real nice gathering of Newelly's there and esspecially love the Newell Merlin and the Guppy II and the and the and the all of em really.Good work all you got to do now is learn to trade them to me before collecting them takes over your life lol lol

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Tue May 18, 2010 5:56 am

Thanks guys hope you enjoyed checking them out as much as i like caressing them lol

I love the little Newell Merlin ,pity it's not signed though but glad to have it all the same.

When my Large Kad showed up in the mail that made the set for me as i know how hard it is to get these things now. -duh

@ Brolly no more secrets I promise that's it mate what you see is whaat i have, thumbsupsmilie But wow it feels good coming out of the closet though Brolly I know how you feel lol

@ Rob, when you get back I will come round and have a beer in your Man Cave mate for show and tell, I just love checking all your man bling out. I need to pick my esky up from you, just fill with Lures and forget the beer Rob I'll understand. crazysmilie

Cheers Tony

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Tue May 18, 2010 8:04 am

Tony it's interesting to note that the colour/paint scheme of the Guppy II is exactly the same on the three that i have seen.Would be keen to find out if there are other colours in this model out there?

bdowdy
Expert
Expert

Post by bdowdy » Tue May 18, 2010 8:30 am

nice lures have a newell merlin myself signed...nice lure droolsmilie droolsmilie

Return to “Newell Lures”