Tenterfield Paddler.

Newell Lures
two-bob

Tenterfield Paddler.

Post by two-bob » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:18 am

Here is a black Newell Paddler. A nice pickup this week in good condition. Another one crossed off the list of must haves yay

Any idea on colours and sizes in this lure?

's 009.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bdowdy
Expert
Expert

Re: Tenterfield Paddler.

Post by bdowdy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:59 pm

nice..... one size and a variety of colours....great lure still use one to this day on the local cod..brett clapclap thumbsupsmilie

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:15 pm

I know there is a red and black one out there somewhere and the only one I need to finish off the soft body Ploppy range of newer Newells. Then Newells will remain the domain of others (maybe).

Nice looking little lure.

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Not quite sure if this is an authentic Newell Paintjob but if your interested at the right price ???
's R&B.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Nice

A good bit of evil intent and coloured just right. lol lol lol

Now that's funny in all the ways I like my funnies.

Two-Bob maddd maddd

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:30 pm

two-bob wrote:Here is a black Newell Paddler. A nice pickup this week in good condition. Another one crossed off the list of must haves yay

Any idea on colours and sizes in this lure?
Look under the topic Peter Newell Catalogue it shows you all the colours.
warren
's 009.jpg

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Bugger me I cant see whats in front of me at times. Only had to reach on the shelf to look at the cataloge. I did not remember seeing the paddler in it before -duh lol . I know if I was to fish it then black would be my choice, as with the jitterbugs black is best.

Wazza, can you tell me, was the ploppy series a Gower lure. I seem to remember, and I may be wrong, Peter telling me that it was the lure made by the Gowers and not his own lure. If this is the case, why is there not a section for Gower lures and why do we collect these as Newell's?

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:25 pm

Alistair,
I am pretty sure the story is>>>
The Ploppy type lures were part of the 'Original Lures' range, which was a collaboration between Peter and the Gowers.
The range included the Paddler, 2 sizes of Ploppy and the Coati. They were a foam rubber material moulded over a timber core with the wire frame thru the wood to keep it all together. I am not sure who actually moulded the bodies, but you could be correct with the Gower's doing the moulding and the paintwork being done by Peter.

They are certainly one of the must haves in collecting Newell's, so far I have a small Ploppy and a Paddler, the larger Ploppy seems more elusive and the Coati....well they seem to be like hens teeth skky

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:03 pm

@two-bob

nice pickup

@Boothy

awesome work on being one lure off a full colour set. Look forwrd to seeing the results of your labours that is a great achievement I guess the last one would have to be in your favorite colour scheme too.

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:45 pm

An original paddler in red and black would be awesome - even hve a hen's teeth Coati in red and black Brad. I thinks it's basically money, time and wheeling and dealing but it'll happen one day I hope.

Love the black one though - looks very nice indeed thumbsupsmilie

Return to “Newell Lures”