Cupboard full of Newells

Newell Lures
brolly
Guru
Guru

Cupboard full of Newells

Post by brolly » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:10 pm

I thought today would be a good day to to put up my display cabinet which houses most of my Newells.In memory of one of the countrys finest lure makers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bdowdy
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupboard full of Newells

Post by bdowdy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:46 pm

wow.....thats awesome blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie thumbsupsmilie bowsmilie bowsmilie bowsmilie

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Niiiiiiice bowsmilie

Many many great lures in there. I love all those beady eyed Kad's staring out the glass lol

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Strewth.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 pm

bowsmilie bowsmilie mwsh droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie -hmmthink $$$$$ $$$$$ skky skky cccc cccc
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:43 am

Brolly .... simply awesome, words cannot do justice bowsmilie bowsmilie I just keep looking at the pic clapclap clapclap
Cheers Rob

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:57 am

Very nice Brolly. Hard to believe how much it's grown since I was last there. That nude shot in the bath is just around the corner lol lol lol

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:43 am

Brolly, that is absolutely awesome. clapclap clapclap bowsmilie

How long have you been collecting Peter's lures?

Cheers

Travers

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Powelly wrote:Brolly, that is absolutely awesome. clapclap clapclap bowsmilie

How long have you been collecting Peter's lures?

Cheers

Travers
Powelly,That's a good question.The first Newell i ever aquired was a Kadaitcha i found snagged up in a river and i had kwow idea what it was but i caught a few fish on it then retired it as you do.That would have been only about 12 to 14 years ago.I used to buy a few whenever i passed through Tenterfield which was rare during business hours but like any lure back then they were bought to fish with hence a few battered ones in the collection.To answer your question truthfully i've only been seriously collecting Newells for about 18 months,surprised i am and i am first to admit it's cost me a few dollars along the way but bought/brought me a lot of satisfaction.Whilst i will continue to grow my Newell collection whenever possible i truely get enjoyment out watching others add to their collections of Newells.It's a bit like being with someone when they land that prize fish you're happy for them and you're happy to share the moment with them.So all you up and coming Newell collectors don't think that a handfull of old timer collectors already have them all or you can't compete for them,nothing could be further from the truth.There's got to be hundreds or maybe even thousands of Peter Newell lures still out there waiting to find their way into collections and rest assure when this happens i'll be just as happy as you for adding to your collection and preserving a bit of lure making history. thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:43 am

Mine seems pitiful when compared to Mike's but I guess I have only been "Collecting" for about 6mths so it's an alright start. Would be much easier if I focused on a more attainable lure maker but hey, once you get the thing in your hands the cost can be glossed over, hey Brolly lol

I am really going to have to make up a way to display them soon I think.

Newell collection Jan 2010 023.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Newell Lures”