Newell Minnow

Newell Lures
two-bob

Newell Minnow

Post by two-bob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:51 am

Here is a Peter Newell Minnow that was sent to me recently. The person who sent it has a blue one in mint condition where as this one has been used to battle with Fingermark up the QLD north and has survived a number of them. Gives it character thumbsupsmilie

I do not know how many were made. Only a very few I believe and after looking at a Newell Chin Minnow blank that I saw this week I suspect that it may be difficult to Id for sure how many there are without the 2 getting mixed up (The chin minnow has a deeper 'chin' at the front of the lure but is basically the same profile apart from that) I will get some pics of it if I can. I would love to get a RMG Cigar minnow in my hands (hint hint Brolly howdy ) to put side by side as to my eyes they are very similar and I am lead to believe they were made around the same era when Rob and Peter worked together and is another rare RMG lure I would like to add to the collection.

Newell Minnow 001.jpg
Newell Minnow 002.jpg
Newell Minnow 003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Newell Minnow

Post by fishaholiclures » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:31 am

Well done Alistair,
you keep coming up with the rare gems... clapclap

Be nice to see yours and brolly's lot in the same place, we'd have to put down a tarp on the floor to keep the carpet dry droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie lol lol lol

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:01 pm

G'day Brad, Mine would only take up a small corner of that tarp. Brolly is is blessed with Newellitis disease much more than me lol

It is nice to have a couple of special ones others dont though yay

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Great pick up Alistair and would have to be around 25 year old or more.Interestingly enough i have seen a much newer version of this model made by Peter only about 5 years back.Whilst the profile appears to be the same the paint job is as to be expected and considerably updated.Maybe at some stage he considered a remake of the minnow?And here's a pic of a couple of similar RMG Cigar minnows from the early eighties.The smaller of the two is 125mm overall and the other is 145mm overall length.As for holding them in your hand and making a direct comparrison with your Newell minnow i guess if you leave now you could be at my house in about 5hours. lol lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:38 pm

The name of the lure in question is the Bannana Minnow.
cheers warren

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks Wazza

alwas good to have a name for them.

Simon

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Thanks Warren. Any idea why it was called that and how many might be about?

Return to “Newell Lures”