New Newell's

Newell Lures
two-bob

Re: New Newell's

Post by two-bob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:12 am

Found out a bit more about the Green Scorpion from Brett Campbell. It was 1 of 2 made. The other one is a Gold colour same pattern (would really like to know where that one is ). They were made by Peter as one of his last lures and as many would have noticed it has alot flatter head section. These were made as prototypes for the Kokoda Wildfire range and I am just guessing but I assume the head shape makes them different enough to save any copyright issues. The bib is the same on my yellow frog carded Guppy and these bibs were obtained from Don "chappy" Lawson who made them on his bib press.

This info makes it even more special to me thumbsupsmilie

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:18 pm

thanks for the info great stuff explains a bit about the wildfire range also thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Mully wrote:thanks for the info great stuff explains a bit about the wildfire range also thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
I also held the carved prototype lure that the Wildfire Callop/gupp type shape was modeled on. That would be a good one to get thumbsupsmilie

Dave, think harder ??? Rob will chase it down I recon. He needs more deception swap currency lol

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:50 pm

thats would have been awesome to have the prototype anything like that from a makers is in my opinion the ultimate lure [prototypes] droolsmilie

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:43 pm

two-bob wrote:Found out a bit more about the Green Scorpion from Brett Campbell. It was 1 of 2 made. The other one is a Gold colour same pattern (would really like to know where that one is ). They were made by Peter as one of his last lures and as many would have noticed it has alot flatter head section. These were made as prototypes for the Kokoda Wildfire range and I am just guessing but I assume the head shape makes them different enough to save any copyright issues. The bib is the same on my yellow frog carded Guppy and these bibs were obtained from Don "chappy" Lawson who made them on his bib press.

This info makes it even more special to me thumbsupsmilie
The gold one is safe with its mates in a glass cabinet.
warren

lest_55
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by lest_55 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Wazza,
Naturally ....The first place you would look for a missing Newell is at your place.. bowsmilie bowsmilie bowsmilie

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 pm

In good hands with you Warren, and plenty of its mates there too.

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Nice. Still need to catch up with you re those Mantis lures. Might be able to have a look at each others Scorps at the same time ???

Return to “Newell Lures”