6th sized kadaitcha in set of 6

Newell Lures
wazza
Expert
Expert

Re: 6th sized kadaitcha in set of 6

Post by wazza » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:21 pm

The one second from the top on the left looks like the fathead wide butt version with corrugated bib, a very early one.
nice collection, Going to have to go see Kathy and have another look at the design book.
warren

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 pm

I was looking through my old esky, full of my lure blanks (that date back 20years), looking for some GRUNT (early Guppy) blanks that Peter had given me and I found a 4" Kadaitcha blank, mixed in with some other blanks that Peter gave me about 20 years ago.

I can't remember ever seing a 4" Kadaitcha. I know they exist, because I've read it on this post. Certainly seen plenty of 3" and 5" Kadaitchas in Pete's shed, but can't remember the 4". Was it a common size or was it an in-between size that wasn't made in large numbers?

Anyhow, thought I'd share my find with you.

Cheers

Travers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:18 pm

G'day Powelly,I've just stuck the ruler over these two well used and considerably different shaped Kads.I was surprised that they are infact both 4" bodys.It's obvious that they are from different eras and whilst i don't know how common the 4" body size was in the later models i'm fairly sure that this length wasn't that common in the fuller body shape of the early ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Nice Brolly .... love your 4"ers droolsmilie

As much as I'd prefer to show something a little longer, guess my pair of 4" Kad's could add up to 8" in total lol lol crazysmilie
Cheers Rob

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 pm

My wife would like that purple one but I was looking at the Green one, it is not the same green as the Scorpion and Dusky is it? The pic looks like it is not a metalic.

I have a 4 inch Kad to be picked up so there are a few out there

4inch Kad.JPG

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Alistair ... do you mean does this metallic one look like that metallic one that looks like the last metallic one we traded shockedsmilie

Ahhh ... where are all the Deceptions lol lol crazysmilie
Cheers Rob

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:48 pm

Wow you guys,they're great and i think i need to get my collection up to date and track down some of the more modern metalic models lol lol

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:29 am

Lure-Nut wrote:Alistair ... do you mean does this metallic one look like that metallic one that looks like the last metallic one we traded shockedsmilie

Ahhh ... where are all the Deceptions lol lol crazysmilie

Hmm yes, You will have to put that one aside i think lol

I have spent the last week hitting every bric a brac secondhand store between here and the C-Coast I could find with no luck (Got some work done at the same time too) . Those Deceptions are getting rare, you would almost think someone has gone and bought most of them -duh

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Alistair .... your losing that Deceptive touch, what's happening -duh

Funny, I'm hoping to receive some yummy Scampi photo's tonight from someone who is looking for a Kadaitcha droolsmilie yay yay
Cheers Rob

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Yes I know. Only thing I found today was an old Bellbrook. I was thinking about dropping around to see Paul and get him to repaint it in a classic Deception pattern and flog it off to you as a rare prototype.

I guess the cats out of the bag now though lol

Return to “Newell Lures”