6th sized kadaitcha in set of 6

Newell Lures
McCod
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: 6th sized kadaitcha in set of 6

Post by McCod » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:40 pm

wazza wrote:Hi Les what is the body length of the black and white one.
warren
Gday mate the black and white one is the 7" model....... not counting the bib!

Cheers Les

McCod
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by McCod » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:00 pm

TonyM wrote:Gday Les,

About time we caught up again - hope to catch you at Mondy soon. I owe you a ride! howdy

two-bob wrote:Very nice Les. You can come down and drink at my Mondy camp with Tony anytime. Bring those with you and I might even shout the drinks and take advantage of you lol When morning comes, "what lures mate, dont remeber any lures" -duh
What's this "my Mondy camp with Tony" ? I'm camping with Les - Alistair, sorry mate but I'm sure you'll understand... lol

Seriously though Les - that is awesome mate, I'd love to have just one, but that is a thing of beauty right there, you win the cigar mate!

Cheers
Tony

Hey Tony and Alistair'
yep been a while mate' but will catch up soon for sure......... bit of long service comming up soon so will be tormenting some Barra up your way........ may even catch ya at the muster again?
Geeeesss i know that is gunna hurt the head -duh

Cheers Les

TonyM

Post by TonyM » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Would be great to see you at the Muster again Les - you have to be there for that one! I'll be your chaufer for the trip if you like, it seems fitting! thumbsupsmilie (I'll chuck some panadol in) crazysmilie

Let me know if you're heading up before then, I'm hoping to get a few trips in and get my Barra mojo working before the muster! The trophy looks nice in the study and they'll have to fight me for it! pokeystix

p.s. Bring the Kadaitchas - I've always wondered how they'd go on Barra! yay

Cheers
Tony

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:28 pm

Les, how long are the two small one's? I've got a couple of small Kadaitcha's (same size) and I'm curious where they fit in your series. Great lures, I can't help but look on with envy. Thank you.
clapclap droolsmilie clapclap droolsmilie clapclap droolsmilie thumbsupsmilie

McCod
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by McCod » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Hey Ropes'
Yeah the sizes are 2", 3", 4", 5", 7" 9" Not inlcudung bibs!
They will vary a fraction in length and width and shape due to being hand made.

Cheers Les

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:07 pm

McCod wrote:Hey Ropes'

Cheers Les
Looks like i am chasing a 7" for the collection. By the way there is a smaller version of the 2" that is slender and much smaller overall more petite you might say. So it looks like there are 7 Kadaicha's.
warren

McCod
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by McCod » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:06 am

wazza wrote:

Cheers Les
Looks like i am chasing a 7" for the collection. By the way there is a smaller version of the 2" that is slender and much smaller overall more petite you might say. So it looks like there are 7 Kadaicha's.
warren
Yeah mate that’s the great thing about hand crafted timber lures…… you can vary them as you please!
As you most likely know there are several different styles to all the Kadaitcha range.
There is a few Kadaitcha’s out there that Trevor Fleeters made while working with Peter…… look much like the Aussie 200 but have the Kadaitcha name on them .

Cheers Les =]

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:41 am

McCod wrote:
wazza wrote:

Cheers Les
warren
Yeah mate that’s the great thing about hand crafted timber lures…… you can vary them as you please!
As you most likely know there are several different styles to all the Kadaitcha range.
There is a few Kadaitcha’s out there that Trevor Fleeters made while working with Peter…… look much like the Aussie 200 but have the Kadaitcha name on them .

Cheers Les =]
Yes i have one of those It had Jigmaster puzzled for a moment.
warren

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:17 pm

blank
wazza wrote:

Cheers Les
warren
Peter gave me the templates for the 2", 3", 5" and 6" Kadaitchas. In fact, I still have an uncarved 'blank' for the 6" Kadaitcha, that Peter gave me - see pic, below. I guess that means there is also a 6" Kadaitcha!

Also, below, are 2 photos of a small, narrow 2" Kadaitcha type lure. Peter gave me this lure in about 1989/1990, but I'm not sure if it is the one referred to, above. In fact, there's a possibility that it may be one that Rob Gaden carved - he turned up at Pete's place a few times while I was there. Maybe someone could help my failing memory!

I tried making 1" Kadaitchas - much to Pete's amusement - which never really worked all that well (basically, too many heavy things hanging off a tiny piece of timber). I've still got a few 1.5" Kadaitchas but I can't find the tiny one.

Cheers

Travers
Kadaitcha6 002.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:54 pm

G'day boys,Just to add a little more doubt and confusion to how many sizes???Here's my small Kads: 2 inch,2 1/2 inch,3 inch and 3 1/2 inch and the real thin profile i have(bottom left) that Powelly mentions is 2 1/2 inch
??? ???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Newell Lures”