Signatures on Kadaitchas

Newell Lures
lure crazy
Guru
Guru

Re: Signatures on Kadaitchas

Post by lure crazy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:42 pm

oldfish wrote:No takers yet,so I'll even up the offer.

If you like, I'll get some sandpaper and see if I can get the paint off one side to turn it into a nude so you can

swap the side you display on alternate weeks.I reckon it could double the value of your lures.

Don't know why all my friends keep telling me lately that I need to go back to my Shrink. I feel fine!!!

Cheers,Jim
I think he's been hanging around someone spraying 2 pac too often!!! lol lol lol lol lol
Beginner or pro, doesent matter how good you are, fishings a gambling game. Put your lure in the right place at the right time and it will get smashed!
Image "CLICK THE BANNER FOR THE NEW WEBSITE"

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Jim

picture speaks a thousand words, take one and put it up there are plenty of members who have a lot of knowledge on the subject.

Someone with a used Kadaitcha might have taken it to be signed, though I am sure it has been said that Newells were made to be fished. Mine, signed or unsigned, are now allergic to water .

Simon

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Simon,
Seriously,I can't take a photo of that signature anymore cos I didn't like it and removed it.
May have been a forgery,and even if it WAS genuine don't think it should have been added years later.
A similar line of thought to Frank who has decided to date his signatures in his books from now on.
A contentious subject amoung serious collectors and I know I will be in the minority.
When all is said and done,with the price I paid I am happy to have a used Fat Bum which probably didn't have a signature when it was first sold.
Cheers,Jim

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:25 am

In answer to the question would Peter or Kathy signed a old lure if requested yes they would.
In saying that I don't think to many Kadaitcha's would have got through unsigned originally.
warren

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Kath did the "signatures" with a fine permanent pen. Pretty sure Pete wouldn't have resigned an old one - but he was a very generous bloke, so he could have re-signed one for someone.
Travers

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:14 pm

wtp wrote:Kath did the "signatures" with a fine permanent pen. Pretty sure Pete wouldn't have resigned an old one - but he was a very generous bloke, so he could have re-signed one for someone.
Travers
I can guarantee he would sign a old lure if requested ,Kathy and Peter signed many for me and some friends over the years.
warren

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 am

My thoughts on this subject,similar to another topic which really blew up.

A signature by Peter or Mrs Newell added later (and definately by no-one else no matter how close ) is NOWHERE near as valuable as a signature placed

BEFORE the lure was first sold or given away.

As for work done after his death,unless it is explained fully (WHO,HOW and WHY)at the point of sale,then it is fraud.

Jim Bond

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:31 pm

I may keep hammering my final thoughts on this subject every 6 months or so.

The early posts by me in this thread may have been a bit subtle so had to talk plain in the finish.

After Peter died nobody should have TOUCHED any of his lures.

Cheers,Jim

Return to “Newell Lures”