Signatures on Kadaitchas

Newell Lures
oldfish
Expert
Expert

Signatures on Kadaitchas

Post by oldfish » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:23 pm

Another question for the experts please,though I feel stupid even asking this one.

I have always assumed that the signatures were done with high quality black paint.Right or wrong????

I recently found one with a thin black texta signature recently written over the top of chipped paint.

Would Peter ever have done this??? I know it was texta because it washed straight off with metho.Was I crazy???

Thanks in advance, again

Jim

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Re: Signatures on Kadaitchas

Post by OLDMAN » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:17 am

Jim
This is not my area. but I am sure Peter used "texta".
Laurie.

Baz

Post by Baz » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:49 am

My guess would be fine tipped permanent markers, although they are called 'permanent' it still comes off with metho/solvents.

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:09 pm

I tried metho on an Oar-Gee Proline and that doesn't come off,though the writing is possibly under the clear coat on them.

Cheers,Jim

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:19 pm

Being a very helpful sort of bloke and freely generous with my time,if anyone wants to send me their signed lures I am

quite willing to clean them up with my metho soaked rag before I send them back.

Generous Jim

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:58 pm

No takers yet,so I'll even up the offer.

If you like, I'll get some sandpaper and see if I can get the paint off one side to turn it into a nude so you can

swap the side you display on alternate weeks.I reckon it could double the value of your lures.

Don't know why all my friends keep telling me lately that I need to go back to my Shrink. I feel fine!!!

Cheers,Jim

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:15 pm

crazysmilie crazysmilie crazysmilie crazysmilie crazysmilie lol

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Jim
I am a bit worried about the environment that you are keeping OUR minmin in.
I think you should send it here to live a stress free life.
lol lol lol lol lol

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:35 am

oldfish wrote:Another question for the experts please,though I feel stupid even asking this one.

I have always assumed that the signatures were done with high quality black paint.Right or wrong????

I recently found one with a thin black texta signature recently written over the top of chipped paint.

Would Peter ever have done this??? I know it was texta because it washed straight off with metho.Was I crazy???

Thanks in advance, again

Jim
G'day Jim, the writing/signature/lurename etc , was put on last. As i remember it , Kath did most of them. Because it was the last thing done to them, they may have got a chip/mark/blemish while puting trebles or splitrings on. Peter and Kath used same as me, an "over-head-projector marker pen". At one stage i used one that was not permanent marker ( accidently ) and the writing came off quite easily. One pen was soluable , the other permanent, but very hard to tell difference until you had a close look at the pen manufacturers specifications.
Remember that the lures were made for fish-catching and using, but the idea of people collecting ( hoarding ) wasn't in the lure-makers mind. I dont think very many lures would have got past Peter or Kath unless the finish was of a high standard.
Answer to your question.......as Laurie said Texta / marker-pen was used , Not paint !! Rob
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:20 am

Rob,
The lure I'm talking about had really chipped paint from being fished hard before the signature was done.
Would Peter have done this for someone who took an old lure back to him?
The signature looked different to most photos I have seen,lots of little dots under the words.
Cheers,Jim

Return to “Newell Lures”