A couple more NQ Timbers

Use search function in this area for faster help
Forum rules
HERE WE TRY AND IDENTIFY LURES COMPARE LURE SIMILARITY'S AND MUCH MORE GREAT PLACE TO LEARN TO DISTINGUISH AND ID LURES PROPERLY....
eyeconbarra
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

A couple more NQ Timbers

Post by eyeconbarra » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Thanks to all for the assistance so far, especially Richard for his help with the Lees lures. Not many to go but the following couple have me stumped good and proper.

The first two are in my novice opinion really well made and finished lures considering that from recollection they were manufactured at least 25 years ago. My father was given these two lures I think by a cabinetmaker in Townsville. The styles and finishes just look too good to be a backyard hobbymaker so hopefully someone has some ideas on the maker. Gave the red one a brief swim once but have never really had the courage to fish them. Both are 120mm overall including the bibs.
034 (Copy).JPG
033 (Copy).JPG

This little guy is also from Townsville I think. Has plenty of character not sure how else to describe it other than to say it is about 60 mm long, 70mm including the bib
045 (Copy).JPG
044 (Copy).JPG
043 (Copy).JPG

Thanks
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

19rally44
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: A couple more NQ Timbers

Post by 19rally44 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi John, Any indication of LW stamped on bib of 1st two.Lionel White was a Townsville cabinet maker who made some very nice Barra lures? Cheers Richard.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 pm

they are bloody nice top score

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:03 am

Something about that small one, maybe a very early Norm Edwards? Hope someone can positively ID it for you. The two large, I have no idea, but maybe Richard is on the money. The only Laurie White I own is a smaller Dempster shaped minnow.
Regards, Tony.
"Always merry and bright"

Lionel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Mood:

Post by Lionel » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:47 pm

The top lures are the two of many that I made

eyeconbarra wrote:Thanks to all for the assistance so far, especially Richard for his help with the Lees lures. Not many to go but the following couple have me stumped good and proper.

The first two are in my novice opinion really well made and finished lures considering that from recollection they were manufactured at least 25 years ago. My father was given these two lures I think by a cabinetmaker in Townsville. The styles and finishes just look too good to be a backyard hobbymaker so hopefully someone has some ideas on the maker. Gave the red one a brief swim once but have never really had the courage to fish them. Both are 120mm overall including the bibs.
034 (Copy).JPG
033 (Copy).JPG

This little guy is also from Townsville I think. Has plenty of character not sure how else to describe it other than to say it is about 60 mm long, 70mm including the bib
045 (Copy).JPG
044 (Copy).JPG
043 (Copy).JPG

Thanks
John

Return to “FISHING LURE IDENTIFICATION ,HELP, COMPARISONS,CROSS REFERENCE”