Got these from America in the mail today

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Got these from America in the mail today

Post by DalbyKayakin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:16 pm

cordell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:18 pm

@ DalbyKayakin

..................great to have a reliable and proven lure model in the armory , .....nice catch , congrats thumbsupsmilie .

Do you plough the river bottom with these lures or it's deeper than their max. running depth ?

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DalbyKayakin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Between the 2 of us, using these 2 lures, a metallic blue tadpolly, my homemade fishtailer, and a pink poltergeist we caught a few good feeds for my grandmother.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DalbyKayakin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:22 pm

nah mate we've only been letting out about 5 metres of line, we've found that's plenty in the water we're fishing in (in the kayaks that is) the hellbender kept getting snagged, i thought they were good at bumping over the snags but this fella didnt wanna bump over the snags at all

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:44 pm

DalbyKayakin wrote:So whopper Stopper made Hellbenders, Heddon made Hellbenders, and Bomber made Water Dogs some looked exactly like Hellbenders and some looked similar.
Yes thats right plus there were copies made by Shakespeare. The bibs on the Bomber Waterdogs are different to Whopper Stopper bibs thumbsupsmilie

Well done on catching fish 'old school' clapclap

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:24 pm

DalbyKayakin wrote:nah mate we've only been letting out about 5 metres of line, we've found that's plenty in the water we're fishing in (in the kayaks that is) the hellbender kept getting snagged, i thought they were good at bumping over the snags but this fella didnt wanna bump over the snags at all

Don't have much experience in trolling lures behind a boat , it's not allowed on the waters I most likely fish(though I'm still doing it sometimes in autumn and early winter when nobody's around watching , just when moving from spot to spot) .

Why don't you take a lure that runs shallow enough instead of letting only little line out , .......any advantages(sorry , but to me it just looks like wasting the potential of a lure lol ) ?

Or is is just the swimming action of the Hellbender , that you have so much confidence in , ........as I figure out by your recent picture , also other , shallower running lures providing a strong wiggling action(Tadpolly , Poltergeist)still do bring in the goodies ?

cheers , Dieter howdy

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DalbyKayakin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 am

I find it easier to control where my lures are and how close to the snags my lures are if i have them closer to the kayak anyway, and i do like the little spinner on the hellbenders, so far its been 100% hookup rate too

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:08 pm

DalbyKayakin wrote:I find it easier to control where my lures are and how close to the snags my lures are if i have them closer to the kayak anyway, and i do like the little spinner on the hellbenders, so far its been 100% hookup rate too

OK , that's two good points , mate , ...thanks for info bowsmilie !

greetz , diemai howdy

Return to “AUSTRALIA'S AUSTRALIAN LURES GENERAL FISHING LURES VINTAGE AND COLLECTABLE LURES”