Got these from America in the mail today

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Got these from America in the mail today

Post by DalbyKayakin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 pm

A few lures I got shipped from the states. Averaging about $9 a lure including postage. A few older fellas i know rate them as good yellowbelly and cod lures so i had to get some
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Got these from America in the mail today

Post by diemai » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 am

Nice lures thumbsupsmilie , ........about 6 months ago I've also purchased a batch of these "Hellbenders" from US Ebay , ........they were pretty cheap , 'cause all of them require repainting , as beaten up badly , ........never found the time for it , though .

cheers , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DalbyKayakin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:12 am

Yeah im just going to use them for fishing and hopefully they won't worry too much about the paint. My step dad took me trolling hellbenders years ago and we caught about 15 yellowbelly in an hour so that's why i wanted to get some hellbenders

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:21 am

I've read in a British lurebook , that there were(or even still are , dunno ?) bigger hookless versions around only meant to toss a smaller lure behind it into greater depths , ....refered to as "a poor man's downrigger" there .

I've been having one of approx. 7 or 8cms body length in bright yellow and green for many years now , ......these things run do run deep for sure !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DalbyKayakin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:26 am

yes they have a big bib on them and it points straight out, not down so i reckon they would be deep divers

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:45 am

You could get Magnum Hellbenders which were the biggest version that I know of - last count had about 40 or so in different colours and the small ones are my favourite. The Cordell crabs are another good lure and very underated and came in two different models with the 'heart' style bib like in the photo but another shallower diving 'saddle' bib.

Dalby . . . whats the name of the Heddon model please??

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DalbyKayakin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:52 am

Im not sure what model it is. It just says HEDDON W0801 HELLBENDER. I haven't takne it out of the packet and it doesnt say anything about what model it is? Assembled in Mexico but

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:17 am

They did call it the Hellbender too -

I've got one in a packet somewhere and they were about the size of the biggest Whopper Stopper Hellbenders thumbsupsmilie

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DalbyKayakin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:17 am

So whopper Stopper made Hellbenders, Heddon made Hellbenders, and Bomber made Water Dogs some looked exactly like Hellbenders and some looked similar.

DalbyKayakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DalbyKayakin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Went for a troll in my kayak at the Oakey Creek today since i've never been able to catch a fish there and i know they've stocked it with a lot of cod. wacked the black hellbender and cordell crab straight on and within 15 minutes landed these 2 beauties
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “AUSTRALIA'S AUSTRALIAN LURES GENERAL FISHING LURES VINTAGE AND COLLECTABLE LURES”