Witting on poppers

tracker
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Witting on poppers

Post by tracker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Hello gents just wanted to know if any body has done the witting on poppers thing yet? Had a pleasnt arfternoon session in the canoe many fish landed many lost what is everyone using ? i'm using the 50mm bubble pop at the moment clear yellow color is braining them at the moment. thumbsupsmilie

Craig
Master
Master

Re: Witting on poppers

Post by Craig » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:12 pm

I also love the Bubble Pop, but in the 65 and 88 models, but don't tell Samurai.

Have caught Bass and Barra on both at Lenthals Dam.
Tagged and Released

samurai
Rookie
Rookie

Post by samurai » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:39 pm

HMMMM, whiting on 35 and 45s, barra and jacks on 88s, sootys and bass on 45s, jungles on 35s, GTs and Queenies on 110s Bubble Poppers nahhhh never heard of them nope lol

Samurai

PS Craig I heard that shockedsmilie
Life is what happens while your busy making other plans.

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:45 am

tracker wrote:Hello gents just wanted to know if any body has done the witting on poppers thing yet? Had a pleasnt arfternoon session in the canoe many fish landed many lost what is everyone using ? i'm using the 50mm bubble pop at the moment clear yellow color is braining them at the moment. thumbsupsmilie
Howdy Mick,I will be looking forward to a few fillets for lunch mate,barring that sat Im putting the canoe on racks and heading out after work,I just got the last bp in yellow colour off the wall lol cheers

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:58 am

OK I'm up to date now.
For Whiting I like the Striko Pro sinking surface lure in clear, it's about 10mm long.
The other one is the smallest Ice Jig, I think it's about 3 grams.
Both cast much further than a Bubble Pop, and the Ice Jig can be lowered down beside structure.
Down fall with the Ice Jig is if a Bream or Flathead takes it, it will break.
Tagged and Released

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:06 am

tracker wrote:Hello gents just wanted to know if any body has done the witting on poppers thing yet? Had a pleasnt arfternoon session in the canoe many fish landed many lost what is everyone using ? i'm using the 50mm bubble pop at the moment clear yellow color is braining them at the moment. thumbsupsmilie
Hi Guys Went for a popper Fish With Tracker On sat Arvo it was a good session with over 24 whiting between us plus 4 flaties and one nice bream,again the bubble pop was a winner I used White and Tracker used yellow thumbsupsmilie but after long arguments of which colour was going home the winner white got more whiting but yellow got the flats and only bream, I will give you a draw this time tracker yay lol

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:39 am

white always wins and if it has a few blacks spots its guaranteed thumbsupsmilie

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:42 pm

Bugs jelly prawn or pearl [WINNER]

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:55 pm

bullrout22 wrote:Dont forget to try Squidgy Bugs on the surface Bream and Whiting smash them thumbsupsmilie
Hi Dave, I know what your saying but this whiting thing on poppers its an addiction the last 2 years my summer time has been spent in the canoe while the hornet sits in the garage,so easy and so tasty droolsmilie thumbsupsmilie

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:49 am

Hi Guys, Just getting ready to do the popper thing heading out at 2Pm with Ed for a flick,let yas know the result when I get back thumbsupsmilie

Return to “SURFACE LURES TOPWATER LURES POPPERS ETC”